Take one night. Make some music. Send 40 kids to camp.
featuring a special private, acoustic performance
Experience an eclectic and energizing evening,
by American Idol finalist Crystal Bowersox
to benefit the LYDIA.
June 16, 2012
7 - 10 pm
656 West Randolph
To join us for this event or make a contribution to help, please click here.
100% of your contribution will help fund a child from LYDIA attend overnight camp
THE IDEA BEHIND projectMUSIC:
- Make it Important: Our focus is doing something amazing for the 40 children who live at LYDIA in the group home.
- Make it Tangible: 100% of your contribution will help fund a child from LYDIA attend overnight camp.
- Make it Cool: As a thank you for helping, you will experience an intimate, acoustic, storyteller performance by American Idol finalist Crystal Bowersox in an incredible eclectic setting.
- Make it Happen: At the end of the night, with your help, we will raise enough money to send every kid to overnight camp - every kid.
Welcome to projectMUSIC. Join us. PURCHASE A TICKET or, if you can't attend, please MAKE A DONATION. While the event is incredible, it's the cause that is amazing.
THE STORY BEHIND projectMUSIC...
CAN YOU IMAGINE STARTING LIFE LIKE THIS?
The stories of the 40 children who live at LYDIA are consistently shocking and upsetting. These kids have been handed one of the most difficult challenges the world can offer - being taken from their parents due to abuse and/or neglect. The question anyone who spends time with these kids asks, is a simple one - "how can I really help?" Well, it turns out that you are part of the answer : - )
WELCOME TO projectMUSIC!
At projectMUSIC we take one night, one performance and one amazing artist to use the power and passion of music to send the 40 children of LYDIA to overnight camp. Together we help them escape the noise to experience the music in life. And in one night we will do just that, raising enough money to send them to overnight camp and a life-changing experience where the kids are stretched; mentally, physically and spiritually. In a very real sense, this turns tears of pain into tears of joy.
Over the last five years, with the help of a bunch of of amazing people, have now raised over $150,000 to send all 40 of children of LYDIA away to overnight camp - a life changing experience for some kids who certainly deserve it. And every time we see the kids they ask us if they are "going to camp again this year?" The answer, of course, has to be...yes!
CRYSTAL BOWERSOX: FROM PLAYING THE STREETS OF CHICAGO TO CENTER STAGE ON AMERICAN IDOL
We are thrilled to announce that American Idol finalist Crystal Bowersox will be headlining projectMUSIC this year. From playing on the streets and subway of Chicago to performing on stage with Alanis Morissette and Melissa Etheridge, from being mentored by Alicia Keyes to performing on stage in front of 24 million people across the world, Crystal is not just an American Idol, she is a true American original. Here is your opportunity to hear Crystal's story and her music in the eclectic, loft setting of the Catalyst Ranch - it will be truly incredible and unforgettable.
TO ATTEND THE EVENT OR CONTRIBUTE TO projectMUSIC:
To join us for this event or make a contribution to help, please click here. Be sure to select "projectMUSIC" under Ways You Can Help LYDIA when making your donation.
OPTION 1: I WANT TO ATTEND THE EVENT:
- Under "Ways You Can Help LYDIA" select "project MUSIC - event ($200/ticket)"
- Enter the amount of your donation - $200/ticket (every $400 enables us to send one child to overnight camp for one week!)
OPTION 2: I CAN'T ATTEND THE EVENT, BUT I WANT TO CONTRIBUTE:
- Under "Ways You Can Help LYDIA" select "project MUSIC - donation only"
- Enter the amount of your donation Every $400 enables us to send one child to overnight camp for one week!
- 100% of your contribution will go toward the cost of sending a child to overnight camp
- All contributions are tax-deductible
- All administrative, entertainment and event costs are covered by contributions of Catalyst Ranch and through private donations.
- Tickets are limited to first 150 to register and will be distributed on first come, first served basis
TIME TO MAKE SOME MUSIC : - )
We would truly value and appreciate your support. The expense for each child attending the overnight camp is $400, so sponsor as many kids as you can (2 kids, 4 kids, etc.) or just contribute towards one child attending with the purchase of a ticket. Any contribution you can make would be terrific and get us towards our goal. Everyone who contributes will get a personal note back from the child at LYDIA that your contribution helped.
Let's make some MUSIC : - )
Questions? Contact Erica Dorantes by
or call 773-653-2249.