As we enter our 100th year, LYDIA has launched Celebrating Home. On behalf of the children LYDIA Home serves, we seek to raise $2,600,000 over an 18-month campaign. Your gifts will allow LYDIA to meet the ever-growing needs of children through enhanced and expand facilities, programs, and services. We seek to do this by resourcing three main initiatives while still supporting the needs of all those in our care.
GROW AND EXPAND SAFE FAMILIES FORCHILDREN:
STRENGTHENING HOMES AND FAMILIES
Your gift helps us continue to serve families in Chicago and launch the Safe Families program in other cities, allowing us to step into lives in crisis, care for children, and strengthen families. We seek to:
- Launch five new sites and support existing sites. Locations under consideration include Cleveland, Buffalo, New York City, Denver, and Kansas City.
- Launch a national campaign across 80 sites to recruit 2,000 churches and 100,000 host families.
LYDIA’S RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT PROGRAM:
PROVIDING CARE FORWARDS OF THE STATE
The children we serve need upgraded and enhanced facilities to provide ongoing proper care. Enhancements of the building include:
- Renovating the living facilities for our 40 residential children.
- Redesigning the entryway and installing new safety and security systems.
- Tuck-pointing and roofing the building to restore the structural integrity of the building.
- Installing new and enhanced signage to increase community awareness of LYDIA Home Association.
- Maintenance projects needed to keep a safe and pleasant setting for children.
A portion of Celebrating Home funds will also be used to provide ongoing care to those we serve. Please prayerfully consider giving a gift today.