Home · Connect
Pillars of what we do, and how you
can help us continue our work
– We are only able to support the children and families we serve because generous donors like you are able to support us. You can help support LYDIA’s work by: making a financial contribution, remembering us in prayer, or spending time volunteering with one of our programs.
– We serve individuals throughout the lifespan. Our goal is to empower and equip every client we have with the tools they need to succeed. You can help us empower our clients through: volunteering with our residential children or at LUA, becoming a Safe Family, helping us out around the office, or attending our events.
– We believe in speaking up for those who cannot speak for themselves. You can become an advocate for the children and families we serve by: telling others about the work we’re doing, recruiting your friends and family to get involved with LYDIA, and getting educated about child abuse and its effects on the whole family.
Your church can help by:
- Allowing us to present our programs and opportunities during a service or conference. Speaking opportunities or information tables can be scheduled.
- Becoming a liaison between LYDIA and your church, helping to keep our mission connected with your congregation
- Hosting a fundraiser to benefit LYDIA or organizing a service opportunity with our residents.
Your company can help by:
- Providing a matching grant when you make an individual donation. Most companies will provide matching grants to organizations that their employees support. Make your gift go further by requesting a matching grant from your company.
- Volunteering at LYDIA with your co-workers.
- Sponsoring a student's tuition or work study placement at LYDIA Urban Academy or donating gifts to LYDIA residents at Christmas.
You can help by:
- Volunteering to plan a weekend activity or at an upcoming event.
- Donating to support our various programs or leaving a legacy gift through estate planning.
- Becoming a Host Family with our Safe Families for Children program.