Home · News · a song for Chance
who is Chance?
…… splash it across America
… a homeless baby boy that came into my life after his mom fell on hard times. Chance's mom loved him so much that she gave him up until she could support him. It never really hit me, in Chicago alone, thousands of innocent children are living below the poverty line, scared, hungry and homeless.
It was painful when Chance left six months later, but I would do it all over again. "Chance, I wrote this song for you. I want you to know how special you are and that I think about you every day. You changed my whole world... for the better." – Lilly
How can I move “TheChanceWave?”
I’m just one person
... it’s easy. Choose one thing to do or do all three things:
- Buy “Chance” on iTunes for 99 cents - less than a latte. http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/chance-single/id491250914
- Post it, Tweet it, Share it on Facebook…with everyone you know
- Help little guys like Chance and open your home to a homeless child in need.
to learn more.
The majority of the proceeds from iTunes sales of “Chance” go to LYDIA Home Association/Safe Families, my favorite charity that brought Chance into my life.
… it's my way of not giving up on Chance. The facts are heartbreaking:
- 1 out of 45 children in America live below the poverty line; no home, no food.
- Families in poverty often get swept up in the child welfare system, possibly never seeing their children again.
- Homeless children face huge risks; starvation, fear, cold, no bed of their own, no education, no safety, physical and sexual abuse.
Families in poverty are desperately searching for other ways to get support through family services and temporary foster care. Programs like LYDIA/Safe Families are critical to desperate families in urgent need.
Thanks for splashing